folks need to get measured more often.
i’m not surprised by the convo, since the majority of those of us who wear bras don’t wear the right size. hell, i haven’t been measured in forever, i’m probably overdue.
that said, it’s no wonder it’s hard to tell what size the next person is. half of us don’t even know what size we are anymore.
I got measured properly in December. Turns out I’m a full cup larger than I thought.
I spent a year and a half as a professional bra fitter/seller.
Guys? Please, for the love of god, don’t ever get fitted at Victoria’s Secret. My store had people come in ALL THE TIME asking for the wrong size, then getting mad at us for doubting the TOTALLY ACCURATE fitting they got at VS.
Also, D is not that big (seriously, I once had a woman come in wearing a 40B when she was actually a 34D, just because she thought her breasts couldn’t be any bigger than a B cup so she kept going up in the band size until she found a B that fit. At that point, why even bother with a bra? She was getting NO support at all).
Also also, sister sizing is a thing. A 40B is the same cup size as a 38C, it just fits looser around the band and might have differently spaced straps.
AND ONE LAST THING even though I could go on about this topic for days: When you first buy a bra, you want it to be tight. Not so much that you can’t breathe, but probably tighter than you think it should be. Bras are made to stretch. It will be looser and more comfortable in a few months. I promise.
I LIED HERE’S THE LAST THING: A good test when you’re trying on a bra is to sit down and take deep breaths. Your diaphragm expands when you sit, so if it feels snug but you can still breathe freely while sitting? That’s a good bra for you.
Is it bad that I just gave up and started wearing nothing but sports bras? Cause I am in that really awkward space between an A and a B :|
you know, someone used to make a bra in a “nearly…” cup sizes. they were like half-sizes. i think it was playtex? i think so. i wonder if they still make those…
Oh my God that would so be worth checking into THANK YOU.
(also OT: but your Amber banner is a thing of magnificent beauty.)
you’re welcome! and someone just confirmed that it is Playtex, and that they still make them, and that they’ve seen them at KMart! :D
and thanks! she’s one of my favorite singers, tv or not. <3
Oooo there’s a Kmart near my school! Thanks again so much!
And Amber’s voice is the stuff of the angels. She could sing the phone book and make cherubs cry, I swear.
Guys. Genie Bras. They are a GOD SEND. They don’t stretch all to shit overnight like sports bras, but fit comfortably like them. No underwire, removable padding, comes in black, white, and tan/beige/whatever the fuck that bra colour is.
You can get them at an As Seen On TV store, or in Wal-Mart’s section of the same name (it’s usually up by the registers).
Srsly you will be so fucking glad you did I can’t even explain
I’ve heard from a few people that someone my size would probably have to wear two at a time to get decent support? and that they’re going to roll up at the bottom.
that doesn’t sound comfy. :<
If it’s not too personal, what size are you, doll? And tbh I’ve yet to have any problems with them, and I have some pretty heavy boobage. They’ve also never rolled up on me despite the fact I have all this belly fat to push ‘em up…
- ablogwithoutpants reblogged this from deliciouskaek
- kiss-my-aspergers reblogged this from deliciouskaek and added:
- likapo likes this
- deliciouskaek reblogged this from kiss-my-aspergers and added:
- camembertlylegal reblogged this from sweetsweetsweetdivinething
- camembertlylegal likes this
- cheekie reblogged this from deliciouskaek
- whatbindsyou likes this
- reservoircat reblogged this from kiss-my-aspergers and added:
- soudoka reblogged this from kiss-my-aspergers and added:
- kiss-my-aspergers likes this
- reservoircat likes this
- sweetsweetsweetdivinething reblogged this from reservoircat and added:
- myjourneymythoughts reblogged this from deliciouskaek and added:
- lovewashername likes this
- freshmouthgoddess likes this
- skeletorpfunk reblogged this from pastagfirullah and added:
- basedempoweredethnicwoman said: it’s actually so horrible. i can never wear strapless bras because they fall of because of lack of breast and the measuring people sizing me wrong. n_n ugh.
- basedempoweredethnicwoman likes this
- pastagfirullah reblogged this from myjourneymythoughts and added:
- badge-boy likes this
- karnythia reblogged this from deliciouskaek and added:
- eeriekiri said: We are actually supposed to measure ourselves every few months. D: (but lol i don’t want to get measured by a person i don’t know!!)
- vagabondaesthetics said: You womenfolk neglect yourselves a lot. I make sure to measure my penis at least 1 once a week.
- smokingmegaphone likes this
- deliciouskaek posted this